Find the latest industry news below.
- Pandemic Taking a Toll on Volunteerism: Reporton December 1, 2020 at 1:54 pm
Still, 73% of those surveyed plan to return to pre-pandemic volunteerism when it is safe to do so, a Fidelity Charitable study finds.
- Many Americans Could Give Less to Charity Next Year: Surveyon December 1, 2020 at 1:47 pm
The findings do not apply across all demographic groups, though, as younger donors plan to increase their giving in 2021.
- 11 Worst States for COVID-19's Impact on Hospitalson December 1, 2020 at 12:26 pm
In these states, the pandemic is filling 18% or more of all inpatient hospital beds.
- Life Insurers' Commercial Mortgage Investments Did Great in Q3: Treppon December 1, 2020 at 11:15 am
Life insurers' hotel and motel mortgage loans performed better than the average commercial real estate mortgage loan they held.
- Wink Sees Drop in Sales of 3 Types of Life Productson December 1, 2020 at 10:42 am
Sales of whole life held up better than sales of indexed life and fixed universal life.
- Transparency: A Must-Have for Health Care Paymentson December 1, 2020 at 10:00 am
A health care executive says many current transparency efforts leave patients in a fog.
- Robos Slightly Outperformed Human Advisors in Client Satisfaction During Crisis: Reporton December 1, 2020 at 3:29 am
Clients of robo-advisors are less concerned with service, while clients of human advisors "are held to a higher standard," says Dalbar's Cory Clark.
- Group Calls for Limiting Power of BlackRock, Vanguard & State Streeton December 1, 2020 at 1:07 am
"Outsized footprint" of Big Three "poses new issues" for U.S. economic competitiveness and financial market stability, says American Economic Liberties Project.
- NASAA Adopts Rule on CE Credits for Investment Advisorson November 30, 2020 at 10:44 pm
The group's model rule requires IARs to take 12 hours of continuing education each year.
- Genworth, China Oceanwide Push Deal Deadline Backon November 30, 2020 at 9:31 pm
The companies said they have received almost all of the regulatory approvals they need.
- Fidelity Plans to Merge 3 Funds, as Assets Hit $3.5Ton November 30, 2020 at 7:53 pm
One planned fund merger affects the flagship Magellan fund; meanwhile, the number of new RIA client accounts grew 164% from last year.
- New Advisor Designation Drawing Criticismon November 30, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Michael Kitces questions whether clients would really seek out advisors with an Accredited Behavior Financial Professional designation.
- Biden Tapping Wall Streeters for Economic Team: Reportson November 30, 2020 at 3:21 pm
The president elect taps a former BlackRock advisor and might name a current executive for a key post, published reports say.
- Top 14 Mistakes Made by Financial Advisorson November 30, 2020 at 5:38 am
Many successful advisors tend to forget (or ignore) the very behaviors that helped make them so prosperous and persuasive with clients.
- HealthCare.gov Continues to Post Strong Renewalson November 30, 2020 at 5:14 am
New signup activity continues to be soft.